QUB 2016/17 Scholarships Updates
Below is a summary of International Scholarship offers available for 2016/17 at Queen’s University Belfast.
1. Main International Office Scholarships
- International students who apply to Queen’s and receive an offer (unconditional or conditional) will automatically be assessed for a scholarship provided that they are not part of the exclusions list (see attached T&Cs). They do not need to make a separate application for a scholarship.
- Eligible offer holders will receive an email communications from the International Office 48 hours after their offer letter notifying them of the scholarship. We will issue these communications on a rolling basis during the cycle.
- All eligible students meeting the academic and English requirements of their offer will be automatically awarded with a scholarship on year 1. This is applicable to undergraduate, postgraduate taught course (PGT) and postgraduate research (PGR) programmes.
- No deadline has been stipulated – this scholarship will be available for clearing fairs towards the end of the cycle.
2. Vice-Chancellor Attainment Scholarships
- Five full fee scholarships are available through the VC attainment scholarships (two at UG level; two at PGT level; one at PGR level).
- All international students will be eligible to apply. Please note that those students who are not eligible for the main International Office Scholarships will receive an email communications advising them of their eligibility to apply for Vice-Chancellor Attainment Scholarships.
- Students are required to complete an online application, answering the following:
In no more than 500 words, please explain your objectives upon completion of your degree and demonstrate how your exceptional extra-curricular abilities with a particular focus on leadership, enterprise and social responsibility and your chosen degree will help you make a contribution to your home country upon your return.
- The deadline for UG applications is 08 June; the deadline for PG applications is 15 May.
3. Loyalty Scholarships
- Loyalty Scholarship corresponding to 20% discount on the fees will be offered to students progressing from UG to PG or from PGT to PGR. A separate flyer will be circulated to current students for their information. This loyalty scholarship also apply to students who have been QUB alumni and who wish to return.
- Please note that International Scholarships may not be used in conjunction with other School scholarships / funding. The only exception is the Early Bird Reward: where students pay their fees by 30 June, they will receive a 10% discount on gross fees, in addition to a scholarship.
For more information, contact us at :